Procurement under ADIP Scheme
ADIP (Assistance to Disabled Persons for purchase / Fitting of Aids / Appliances) is the flagship scheme of Government of India that aims to equip persons with disabilities with assistive devices essential for their social, economic and vocational rehabilitation. Persons with blindness can obtain SmartCane device under ADIP scheme for independent mobility if they meet the specified eligibility criteria.
Eligibility for ADIP Scheme:
- An Indian Citizen of any age
- Holds a 40% disablement certificate
- Has a monthly income, from all sources, not exceeding Rs. 20,000/- per month.
- In case of dependents, the income of parents/guardians should not exceed Rs. 20,000/- per month.
- Person who has not received assistance during the last 3 years for the same purpose from any source. However, for children below 12 years of age, this limit would be one year
Applicants are required to fill out the form available with Saksham and all the Channel Partners, and submit it with their verification documents to the closest partner organization. A list of eligible beneficiaries along with their verification documents are then sent by these organisations to NIVH. After the approval, NIVH sends the devices for the beneficiaries.
An accessible version of the registration form for ADIP scheme can also be downloaded from here. A person with blindness can fill up this form electronically, and submit the print out to the nearest organisation submitting applications under this scheme.
Download ADIP REGISTRATION FORM from here
- Income Certificate
- Disablement Certificate
- Passport Size Photograph
- Cast Certificate if any
Students in higher secondary school and individuals above 18 years of age can avail SmartCane under ADIP scheme
Under KIT 4(A), visually challenged children in class 11 and 12 can apply for SmartCane and DAISY Player with one speaker.
Individuals above the age of 18 can apply for KIT-6 under the scheme, wherein along with SmartCane, they can also obtain the following equipments:
- Rupee checker plastic with signature guide and rupee checker flexible with wallet
- Talking body thermometer
- Talking wrist watch
- Liquid level indicator
- Pill dispenser
- Talking table clock with four alarms and stop watch
- Audio labeller
- Talking calculator
- Measuring ldt (inch tape, needle threader, small Braille scale, liquid indicator, measuring cup)
- Packing Box
The students who have completed class 12th and individuals above 18 years of age can also apply for smart phone with SmartCane under the scheme.